Everyone always asks a ton a questions about "twins". Maybe not as many questions now as they did when the kids were younger and you could really tell they were twins. Now they look like brother and sister, but Gigi is a full 3 inches taller and 7 pounds heavier so that makes a difference at 4 1/2. The number one question is, "who was born first?". I always answer truthfully, by saying: "we don't talk about that". This is true-they kids do not know and in fact there are very few folks who do know. In reality, we had 2 doctors, 2 sets of nurses and medical teams in the O.R. when they were delivered so the birth was almost simultaneous.
A person can be around my kids about 5 seconds before it is obvious who can be labeled the "dominant figure" in the relationship. Gigi doesn't just own that title-she went out and got the title, drop kicked it and wears it like a second skin. This started at a very early age. I remember getting a call from my Mom at work when the kids were probably 14 months old and she said that she found Gigi sitting on H.D.'s back bouncing up and down and she was laughing. This still takes place. However, I also remember the night in the bath tub when H.D. had decided he had enough and stood up and looked at her and yelled "NOOOOO". I proudly said, "good job, H.D.". I was proud because he finally stood up for himself-not because he yelled at his sister. H.D. continues to show signs of stepping out on his own, and that is good. This drives Gigi CRAZY. She cannot stand for him to do something that doesn't involve her or that she is telling him not to do.
The same characteristics that make Gigi hard to deal with on a regular basis: insisting on picking her own clothes and shoes, organizing her things, not starting something until she finishes whatshe is doing to completion, etc.. These will make her a sucessful student and adult. I have seen this in her when she practices her letters and numbers-she focuses so much. It is adorable.
H.D. is pretty laid back. He gets more upset with Gigi than anyone else. I'll be honest that I don't know what H.D. will do when he "grows up", but I can guarantee that he will have fun doing it and he will be successful.
I kidd the kiddos all the time and ask them if they will stay with me forever? They say, "yes, momma we will stay with you forever but we have to grow up and get bigger, ok?". I see all these posts of parents taking their kids to college. I. cannot. imagine. I think I may have to be drugged and hospitalized in the time frame leading up to that day. I think I will have a very hard time next year when they start kindegarten. Yes, I know they must grow up, but it doesn't make it any easier. I waited a long time for these kids. They are truly miracles and my gifts from God. 8 weeks on bedrest in the hospital was nothing compared to the joy they bring me.
SO,my plan is to not save for college so they have to go to Community College and live at home. Yes, that's it...that should work!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment