Since I had the twins 4 1/2 years ago, the Stills house and our life has been a whirlwind. A whirlwind of change and a whirlwind of craziness. One would think that as these two kiddos get older that things would calm down...WRONG ANSWER. Things get crazier, but I must say-they get more hilarious. I do think that finally after 4 1/2 years, we are getting a better handle on "things". "Things" like Doug and I tag-teaming tasks, like you fix dinner, I will do baths, then you give medicine while I put the P.J.'s on. Not to say that life is not still very stressful. Doug and I were married 9 years before we had kids and together 13; however, we were not prepared for our drastically our lives would change. Last week we got a look into just how much when the kids were in East TN for a week with Doug's parents. We watched a movie every night, uninterrupted, together. It was strange. It was cool. In the end, we needed to re-connect. We were ready for the kids to come home, and we were better parents for taking the break.
This week was about some "first tries" at things. First, on Monday, we had a new babysitter come to the house to watch the kids because my Mom is still recovering from her fall in early June and Doug's Mom is staying home until August. We have Paige, the new babysitter, coming on Monday's and Friday's. When I got home Monday evening, the kids met me at the front door and were both talking so fast I could only understand every fourth word or so and it was PAIGE as they squealed with delight. They had a blast. H.D. waited to get some alone time with me and then he said, "Hey, Mommy?" and I said "Hey, What?" he then said the following: "Today, I really wanted to kiss Paige, but I didn't because I only kiss you, right?" "Right, H.D", I said. Well, here is a first-H.D. has a College girl crush. He loves the ladies, but to this point the oldest one had been a highschooler from Church. Gigi said, "Hey Mom, guess what color Paige's pool turns when you pee in it?", "What color Gigi?" "Dark, Dark, Blue". To which I said, "Gigi, did you pee in the pool?", "No, brother did".
What do you get from your parents when you go away for a week and they REALLY miss you? BIKES! We finally gave in and got the kids bikes. We had previously not gotten them an outdoor riding apparatus of any type because our driveway goes downhill and our neighborhood streets are too busy. The one night this week that it didn't rain, Doug was grilling and I decided to take the kids down to a cul-de-sac so they could practice riding their bikes. As we made the turn down the street, it became VERY apparent that the kids did not know how to make a turn on their new bikes. Gigi went speeding toward a parked car. I stopped her about 3 inches before she hit that car. She then proceeded to attempt to hyperventilate. At the VERY same time H.D. had an accident. So, she is hyperventilating and he is crying and Doug is grilling. GREAT. This is the point when I decided I should teach them how to brake. I did and they got it! Before I knew it, here came Daddy to the rescue, he must have heard the cries. Doug was barefooted, and he was walking down the street! Thank goodness he showed up because we still had to get home.
Friday was another first. Paige was back for another round. She decided to take them skating, like roller skating. I kept my cell phone with me all day at work Friday because I kept waiting for a call about broken bones or missing teeth. It never happened. When I got home I asked if they had fun. They said "the skates were too heavy for our feet". Blessing in disguise.
This blog is a way to help me document everything these 2 crazy kids do. They really do crack me up, daily.
No comments:
Post a Comment