I usually write these blogs on Saturday night, but this past Saturday night I didn't feel well so the blog had to wait. And, that is totally o.k. because the idea for this blog occurred to me on Tuesday morning. I call my Mom on the way to work EVERY morning. If I don't call her it is because I am too tired and I just spaced and totally forgot. EVERY morning she asks about the kiddos and if they have done something funny the night before and she asks how they slept.
On Tuesday morning, she asked how they had been on Monday night and how they slept. I told her fine and nothing really out of the ordinary. Then, I said, "I told you what Gigi did in Church, right?" She said, "no, what?". So, I started telling her what had happened on Sunday morning in Church, just like I am about to tell you now. Right before Children's time in our Church the kids walk around and collect change for a fund we call "Pennies for Missions". My kids LOVE to do this, it was a BIG deal when they got old enough to do this! After they collect their change, they are suppose to take their little bags full of change to the offering plate, drop their bags in the offering plate, then go to the front of the Church for Children's time. On Sunday all seemed well. Both Gigi and HD were collecting their change and then came back down to the front of the Church to drop their bags in the offering plate. Please keep in mind, I was sitting on the FRONT PEW of the Church. H.D. dropped his bag and then went to the front of the Church. Gigi dropped her bag and then came back to the pew. I said "honey, go up for Children's time". She then said to me (AS SHE IS REACHING DOWN THE FRONT OF HER TURTLE NECK) "Mommy, look what someone gave me" and she pulls out a dollar bill. I said, "Gigi, you have to put that dollar in the offering plate". She said, "no, mom, they gave it to me". To which I said, "no, they gave it to GOD. Now, put it in the offering plate or we will leave right now". She turned around and put it in the plate.
Now, one other time a few months back, she took money off of the Communion rail that folks leave for the homeless ministry. This also happened during Children's time. That time she yelled "look Mom, MONEY".
You may ask, I wonder why they sit on the front pew? Well, we sit on the front pew because I know that she could take someone's hair out of a french twist (she did this once on a plane when she was 18 mths old). So, I just take as many distractions as possible out of the equation.
Anyway, back to my Mom...I am telling her this story and I say I just don't know sometimes what I am going to do with Gigi. And, my Mom is cracking up and telling me I will survive it, just like she did. I said, she can be so prissy, and so cute and then turn around and belch and be so crude and then I said Oh my..that's me. My Mom said, uh you are just now figuring that out?!? And, I will say that all those things belching, being crude, being able to spit, I am thankful that my Brother taught me how to do them. I am not ashamed. I am, however, proud, that I did EVENTUALLY learn the appropriate time to do these things.
It took Gigi forever to take a regular bottle when she was a baby. She had to be a on a special bottle because she had an extremely high palate. When she finally got that special bottle it was on like Donkey Kong. I remember, very clearly, saying to Doug-she is going to be a huge hit at College Parties. She watching her take a bottle was like watching somebody shotgun a beer. She still drinks like that when she is really thirsty. When she started on baby food, we called her Messy Marvina. She is still one of the messiest eaters I have ever laid eyes on; however, between the two of us, we wear more food than actually lands in our mouths!
H.D. is just the opposite, drinks slow, eats slow. H.D. never makes a mess eating. H.D. is more like his Daddy more laid back and easy going. I love both the kids dearly and she can drive me absolutely batty, but I think it is because we are so much alike! And, because we are so much alike I understand that no only is she controlling but she is also as stubburn as a mule!
Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment