Remember that commerical? What will you do for a Klondike bar? I loved Klondike bars. I mean who didn't, they were and are delicious-even though I haven't had one in probably twenty years. My kids remind me of a Klondike bar and that question. Some people might find that comparison strange, I find it right on target.
My kids are the thing in life I wanted MOST since before I can remember. The name that Gigi has (Georgianna Marie) is my Great Grandmother's name (Marie Georgianna) and I had it picked out since I think I was 12 or something. I wanted these kids more than I wanted anything and Doug and I waited a VERY long time to have them and went through a LOT to conceive them and then get them here. Including my 8 weeks on hospital bedrest and quite a few procedures prior to getting pregnant. To find out I was pregnant was wonderful. Did I enjoy it? No. I was terrified something was going to happen. So, did I want them more than a Klondike? Yes, most definitely.
Would I give anything these two kids of mine and our little family? Absolutely. For years, I watched my Mom struggle to provide for my brother and I and she was a great role model of what a parent should be to their child. I also had a great brother who, unfortunately, at times had to be more like a father. He was also a great role model and in a pinch, if I cried, would give me his lunch money for the week to buy me a silly watch at a gas station. He is the best brother I could have had and the best Dad to his kids. He gets it. They are more than a Klondike to him. We also had awesome Grandparents who were ALWAYS there for us, for everything. I miss them everyday and wish that they could see my kids and my niece and nephew. We were more than Klondikes to them, they always made us feel really special. I am so glad that our kids are close to all of their grandparents. I feel like that relationship is so, so special.
Now, are these kids perfect? No. Do I give into them way to often? Yes. I should be more discipline minded, but I am not. In fact, there are days that they run over me like a freight train. But, most days we have fun. I won't lie, sometimes they frustrate me and I get upset. But, my saddest times are when I am not with them. I can't imagine my life without them and I can't remember my life before them.
This week at preschool Gigi's teacher gave her a certificate for keeping her "Green Frog" for the entire month of August. The Green Frog is for good behavior. They can get Green, Yellow, or Red. A year ago, a month of green frogs for Gigi would have NEVER happened. When I saw this certificate, I could have cried. I was SO proud of her. She has worked really hard. Being "good" for her is not easy, she is too much like me. So, Gigi keeps her green frogs and now... H.D. is starting to struggle a bit. This is usually what happens. This happened once before when they were little. All of a sudden, their personalities flipped. This is what seems to be happening right now. Gigi is calming down a bit and H.D. is gearing up and getting a little more rowdy.
Everyday, every week is an experience. I was off work this week and we really didn't do much at all, but my kiddos were so excited that I was home everyday. That was worth every minute of missing work and staying up late after the kids were in bed to do work emails.
Until Next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment